- 1 gallon of water
- 1 bag of Louisiana Gumbo Base
- Gumbo file powder
- 1 pound of peeled shrimp
- 1 pound of fresh crab meat
- 2 pounds of crawfish tails
- 1 can of organic corn
- 2 bunches of chopped green onions
- 2 chopped green bell peppers
- 2 chopped red bell peppers
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 3 fresh chopped jalapeno peppers
- 3 teaspoons of cayenne pepper
- Take your gumbo pot and fill it up with 1 gallon of water. Now pour the bag of Louisiana Roux mix into it along with 3 tsp of cayenne pepper. Place it on a medium heat and constantly stir as the roux gets warmer.
- In a skillet, season and saute the shrimp to your liking until it is fully cooked.
- In a separate skillet, saute the jalapenos, onions, green onions, corn, and bell peppers until the veggies are cooked and wilted.
- Now, add the crawfish tails and shrimp into the gumbo pot and cook for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Place the stove on a lower heat and add the vegetables and crab meat.
- Let that simmer for 25-35 minutes while stirring every 5 minutes.
- Add file powder to thicken the gumbo to your liking.
- Serve the gumbo over brown rice and enjoy the flavorful seafood gumbo!