- 1 packet of rapid rise yeast
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 1/4 cups of warm water
- 4 1/2 cups of almond flour
- 3/4 cup of vegan soy-free butter
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
Cinnamon Sugar Mixture
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- In a large bowl, mix 4 1/2 cups of almond flour, 3 tablespoons of sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Mix 1/2 cup vegan soy-free butter melted into that same large bowl.
- In a seperate small bowl, mix the packet of yeast and 1 1/4 cups of warm water.
- Now, add the yeast and water mixture into the flour mixture and mix it very well until it is dough-like.
- Lay parchment paper down or find a clean flat surface and knead the dough for 10 minutes. Flour your hands if need be, so that the dough doesn’t stick to your hands while kneading.
- Then, roll the dough flat with just 1-inch thickness.
- Cut the dough in 1-inch wide peices and then roll each individual peice into ropes.
- Take both edges of a rope and cross them over each other while still maintaining a circular-shape above the crossing point. Do this to each rope until they are all crossed and place them on a non-stick greased baking sheet.
- Let them rise in a cool place for 30-45 minutes.
- Bake the pretzels for 15-25 minutes at 350 degrees until they are a nice golden brown.
- In a small bowl, mix the 1/2 cup of sugar and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Brush the 1/4 cup melted vegan soy-free butter across each pretzel.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture across each buttered pretzel.